Songs For Sanity review by John 5

• Released: Sep 13, 2005
John 5: Songs For Sanity

This is the second (and in my opinion best) of John 5's solo albums. Much like the album 'Vertigo' this album expands on John's love of all music and many different styles. John 5 said this album was called 'Songs For Sanity' as when he doesn't play guitar he is the biggest dick ever, so plaiyng guitar keeps him sane in a way. Thus the name 'Songs For Sanity.'

Instrumental.

This is like nothing ever before (Well other than his Vertigo album, but it's even quite different to that.) I'd say stand out tracks are 'Damaged' 'Blues Balls' and 'Gein With Envy'. Some people may find the odd voices on some of the songs strange but I quite like it. I think this is one of the greatest guitar albums ever and proves John 5 perhaps the greatest guitar player ever.

Night Revolver
    Seriously thinkin' of getting this album. I've already listened to some stuff on it and no doubt it's better than Vertigo. John 5 is one hell of a good guitarist.
    ready4thebreak
    How come I never heard about this but I heard about vertigo? Are you sure it came out sept. 2005?
    DigUpHerBones
    This album is amazing! Haven't got Vertigo yet as I'm laying off buying albums for a while but it's DEFINATLY worth getting for nearly any kind of guitarist. Fave songs are Damaged and Gein With Envy.
    EmancipatedSoul
    This album is amazing, it literally took my braeth away. 10/10 I vote for it. Damaged & Gods and Monsters. But it sure as hell did NOT come out in 2005.. It came out end of 2006 beginning of 2007..
    Black-Metal
    i bought it in early 2006 but i'd been intending to buy it for ages so i reckon 2005is an accurate date it was released. i remember it had next to know advertising however
    BladeSlinger
    I was going to get a Buckethead CD and I picked this up after there were none and I love it.....My mom does too.=p He is really a great musician...
    Wachunga
    Just picked up this cd today and i must say, it is absolutely amazing. 10 out of 10...
    Wachunga