Sunrise Over Sea review by John Butler Trio

• Released: Mar 8, 2004
John Butler Trio: Sunrise Over Sea

A great sound from JBT. The trio show their versatility by playing many different instruments to create a fantastic and almost unique sound. I have heard people compare them to Xavier Rudd, and they are similar. Just 1,000,000 times better.

John Butler really comunicates his opinions very well through his lyrics. For example "don't call me hippy cause the way that I look" and "And I don't care what race or what colour or what creed, All that shit don't bother me" shows exactly how Butler sees himself and and world around him.

This is a must-own album and deserves all the praise it has received. I borrowed it from a friend who was more than happy to share the CD with me. The best songs would have to be: "Oldman" (I like it for some reason), "Zebra" (overplayed by radio stations, but still a catchy song) and "What You Want" (this song really appeals to me, especially in the 2nd verse). The worst song is the final one, "Sometimes", only because it is far too long (20 min.) meaning that most people would not bother listening to the whole song.