Curtains review by John Frusciante

• Released: Feb 1, 2005
John Frusciante: Curtains

The sound on this CD is terrific. As the last reviwer said, it sounds like John is sitting right next to you and playing. As for the actual music, it is played beautifully. In my opinion, John Frusciante is one of the best acoustic guitar players out there, and he not only plays that masterfully, but he also plays the piano, bass, and almost every other instrument on the album. The style sticks to the same formula throughout: songs that aren't too long, mostly all acoustic, and all very mellow and peaceful.

As far as I can tell, John is a very gifted and inspired songwriter. His lyrics and vocals fit very well with the music. He has a smooth, alomst John Mayer-ish voice.

His sixth album released in 2004 alone, Curtains is my favorite album of his. The music does not compare at all with that of his main project: The Red Hot Chili Peppers, which I see as a great change when I'm seeking some music with a mellow, peaceful vibe. If it was stolen, I'd definately buy it again. Highlights: guitar solo on "Anne," the climax of "Hope," and pretty much the whole album in general.

Quicksand15
    brilliant album! go get his online release "From The Sounds Inside" and the acoustic version of "Shadows Collide With People" directly from his homepage =)
    TooFast
    Stroem wrote: Its hard to choose, but Curtains comes in on top 3 solo albums
    Definitely man, SCWP is probably my favorite, it really is hard to choose. NL&UJATS is really growing on me.