Inside Of Emptiness review by John Frusciante

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
John Frusciante: Inside Of Emptiness

This album is brilliant. It ranges from lo-fi grungy rock to beautiful ballady songs. One of the reasons the sound is so good is that John pretty much records on analogue equipment. Listen to the guitar solo on "Look On" and Omar Rodriguez' double tracked solo on "666."

As usual, John has a very wierd way with words, so I don't try to decipher meanings. The way in which it is separated from other singer-songwriters is the delivery and vocal arrangements. For example, in "I'm Around" he does a very interesting thing with one of the sections with two seperate lead vocals singing the same thing as a harmony with slight differences in delivery. Also, I love the chorus of "666." The line "The Drop" is delivered so powerfully (think Dave Grohl at his loudest) and held over a very long period. This guy must have a big lung capacity.

I also have Shadows Collide With People, and I believe it matches that in quality while maintaining its own style. One thing is for certain. John Frusciante writes for John Frusciante. Best album tracks are 666, I'm Around, and Look On. I think there is nothing bad about this album, except it is too short (about 35 minutes). It improves on Shadows Collide, by eliminating the segue tracks (which I love, but can be annoying when I want to hear the songs).

<GibSoNmasTeR>
    dykarN
    wrote: John Frusciante is pretty good, but he should have stuck with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Bad Move.
    Frusciante's solo work > Red Hot Chili Peppers
    thedaver21
    He Is Brilliant once you hear all his solo stuff you have a much deeper apretiation for him he lives for music
    Conky420
    the chorus in 666 is powerful that "the drop" line, omg, lung capacity much? lol
    Fleabass5
    Wat do u mean? He is with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He just put out some of his own stuff. He is still in the band.
    cuige
    Hmm...not as good as Shadows Collide but still is John Frusciante near his best. Of the series Curtains and will to death are the most impressive. Also, should study his red hot chili peppers/ John Frusciante general knowledge before commenting.