Inside Of Emptiness review by John Frusciante

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
John Frusciante: Inside Of Emptiness

A classic album, John Frusciante's "Inside Of Emptiness" proves that Frusciante is more then just the ex-guitarist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Frusciante's voice is so pure and beautiful, especially on the song "Scratches". John's guitar tone is so soulful in the whole record, the best examples being the solo on "What I Saw". John has an uncanny ability to create music that pierces the soul and wraps itself around your heart. The song "Look On" shows John's vocal range and his pure talent as a song writer. To think a solo record could sound so pure, so inspirational (in my case, this record made me want to play guitar), and so unique in the world of copy cats.

Frusciante does not let us down with his lyrics. He is no hack, creating lyrics that deeply affect in such songs as "Inside A Break" and "I'm Around". He does make me laugh slightly, though, with the first line in "A Firm Kick". John Frusciante is probably one of the best rock singers out there today, considering how everyone else is screaming. His falsetto is perfect, his pitch normally is soothing. John Frusciante is something special.

This record is one of John's best! Every song on this record leaves an impression on you! I love how Frusciante uses his chord voicings in this record and everyone should see that Frusciante is probably one of the last real musicians out there, actually expressing himself through music and speaking to us through lyric and guitar. You may love the Red Hot Chili Peppers (I do when Frusciante is on anything of theirs), but Frusciante was the heart of that band and it's shown here by the pure music pulsing on this record and warming the hearts of music lovers everywhere.