Niandra Lades And Usually Just A T-Shirt review by John Frusciante

• Released: Jan 1, 1994
John Frusciante: Niandra Lades And Usually Just A T-Shirt

John's first solo album recorded while on tour with the red hot chili peppers and after he left. John Frusciante is in my opinion the greatest living songwriter and this eclectic mix of acoustic punk, trace, pop, acoustic, experimental and just the atmosphere of the album makes for anyone's day to be something you could never expect. from track one, Been Insane, to track twenty-five "Untitled #13" his genious as a writer and muscian shows and flows. The bad quality recordings (a four track) only can add to it's sound and raw attitude.

John is the greatest songwriter I can think of. His lyrics like in "Curtains" "the curtains were made for moving, cause you knwo soemtimes your not always there" speak to me in everyway, spiritually, emotionally and in every sense I have felt and imagined he expresses it in this collection. his voice is extremely unique and is not for the faint of heart.

God I love this man.

Carlson-online
    with regard to the review posted on June 10th 2005, do you know what you are talking about??? TRWFOTD was release some 6/7 AFTER niandra, and yeh sure they are more classic song structures, you have to appreciate each album on its own merits, not always comparing it to another. Both are fantastic, but in different ways!