Shadows Collide With People review by John Frusciante

• Released: Feb 24, 2004
John Frusciante: Shadows Collide With People

I must say that I'm a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and I like the things, John Frusciante plays in the band. But when I've heard SCWP I was fascinating! It begins with the rock song "Carvel," and that is one of the best songs of the album. After a few acoustic song, comes a powerful song on electric guitar: "Second Walk." Very awesome! Also the other songs on electric guitar like "This Cold," "Water" and many more are amazing. A lot of songs have synthesizer intros and there are also whole synthesizer songs, like "-00Ghost27". Overall impression of the sound is amazing! You will like it and for guitarists its like heaven.

The lyrics on the album are very mystical and sometimes sad. For sure John Frusciante sing often about his past, like in the song "Regret." All in all the lyrics are amazing and exciting. Also the voice of John is cool.

When you look at the cover you see in the background mountain and in the front big letters. One of the best covers I've ever seen! To the songs: there are one of the best I've ever heard! Synthesizersongs like "-ooGhost27" are a little bit boring, but what's the matter? It's a great album!