Continuum review by John Mayer

• Released: Sep 9, 2006
John Mayer: Continuum

Oh my God. Honestly, if you don't like this album, it's 'cause you don't appreciate talent. John Mayer is one of the most talented artists in the world today. The music on Continuum is insanely great. With a relaxing, yet psychedelic feel, it almost feels like a modern Hendrix album (only with better vocals and sound). It's so bluesy, yet he adds rock riffs to it. Honestly man, if you play guitar, get this album! If you wanna learn new methods and styles of play, this is perfect.

His lyrics are truly amazing. Take the time to read some Mayer lyrics, which are filled with metaphors and crazy sayings. Not only is it catchy, but it sounds great and it's deep, man. Really deep. His voice and his lyrics really suck you in, especially on this particular album. "Dreaming With A Broken Heart" has some of the most amazing lyrics I've ever heard/read. Please check out this album. Not only is it a dream for a guitar-player, but it's gold for someone interested in writing lyrics in music.

John Mayer opened my eyes to many different styles of music that I thought I would never like. It is by far his best album yet and it's as John himself proclaims "perfect". He truly is an incredibly talented guy with incredibly talented musicians by his side. I recommend this album to anyone who thinks they open their eyes to a different type of music rather than traditional 7-minute solos and beer. (Of course, we all love that stuff, this is a guitar site! But please, take the time to realize the effort and musical skill that was put into this album). It truly is some meaningful stuff. I love everything about this album. The sound, the lyrics, the way it's made, the storyline, the look, and I appreciate the talent and the way Mayer is showing us great new stuff. Do not think that this guy is some pussy-rock guy who sings about relationships. John Mayer is a modern-day guitar/lyrical God. Get your ass off the computer and check this album out. Now.

vantage4
    is it just me or does john mayer really seem like he's got a huge ego? it seems like he always tries to be real humble like srv or hendrix would have been but he just can't quite pull it off...quite the tool, i say. it is true though, the guy can play a guitar.
    chieftanec
    Vantage4 I think he thinks people think of him as being a ego-maniac so he trys to be as humble as possible. On the chapelle show he seemed like a really kewl easy going guy. Give him a break.
    togo
    His try! album was a lot better than continuum, especialy the guitar work, in try! john was more raw and emotional. if you compare the try gravity with the continuum gravity you will know what i mean.
    latinosuperstud
    cap'nkirk
    latinosuperstud wrote: it kinda makes me sad though that he started smoking weed right before he made this album... i admired him for being straight edge in the music business im not a prick, i know weed doesnt really do that much, but still...
    straight edge? haha... okay...
    SixStrings
    he really does write deep lyrics on alot of his songs, for instance "new deep" on heavier things. read those lyrics while listening to the song. i havent heard the new album yet, but i get paid on friday.
    StevieRamone
    theguitarman10
    StevieRamone wrote: ^ I lose respect when someone starts smoking weed, but I mean John Mayer?He's like the good boy of the music industry.
    dude, none of them are "good boys"
    diesel23
    i was seriously about to do a review on continuum myself it owns seriously one of the best albums ive ever gotten
    Vassilistring
    john mayers is actually a really cool guy, i met him a few years ago in a bar in atlanta. very down to earth. but me and my gf a couple of beers. great guy
    Shangrila1213
    ok everyone needs to stop jerking off John Mayer! He's good and he's talented. But you can meet many musicians on the local scene that haven't sold out that are just as deep, bluesy, and modern and havent made it because they refuse to be a part of the pop machine, which is an accusation made a lot by the second best songwriting (Nirvana) the first being Bob Dylan and if you can actaully argue this good for you your a moron. Although I do apreicaite John Mayer's guitar playing its just a rip off of Jimi Hendrix...nothing new and the lyrics are jsut him whispering with his jaw slanted. The guy makes the girls vaginas wet thats all. Still I think hes nasty and talented but if you really want to finger your girlfriend just buy a coldplay album. Meanwhile why don't you check out the local scene and watch guitarist that spend every living moment of their lives playing and becoming underground guitar gods... instead of some dude who knows hendrix and the blues and how to whisper and hold hands with jessica simpson! I hate you guys