Continuum review by John Mayer

• Released: Sep 9, 2006
John Mayer: Continuum

Just great! The sound quality is beautiful, the instruments together create a graceful yet penetrating sound. It is soothing and bluesy and all mixed to one. Really, I honestly enjoy this album. A bunch! It is sort of a mix betweeen his blues/pop with mixed in more r&b on a few. It works real well. I highly recommned this album.

For those of you whom know John Mayer you know he is a very clever, sentimental writer, and once again he is but still his lyrics are not similar to his pre stuff. This is another new sound and style for John. His lyrics on all of his songs are true real classy lyrics, all written by himself, John Mayer (minus "Bold As Love" (Hendrix), and "In Repair" which he co-wrote with Charlie Hunter. And Hunter plays on this song as well, and we all know Mr. Hunter is a very accomplished guitarists as well). Overall great lyrics.

It is similar to his previous albums in the fact that is unique and just from listening you can say 'O, that's John Mayer.' But it is different for that same reason, you can tell it is John beacause of it's uniqueness. The style/sound is unlike others out there creating music today, and they should take lessons from it. Really a great CD. I highly recommend it, highly. If it were stolen I would not doubt buying another ASAP. Plus to the guy who said he ruined "Gravity" he's wrong. "Gravity" is a damn good song.