Continuum review by John Mayer

• Released: Sep 9, 2006
John Mayer: Continuum

In my opinion, Continuum is John Mayer's best and most musically sound album. It's a great album to sit back and listen to to help you unwind. The album is very mellow and bluesy, but at the same time edgy and interesting. John uses many interesting tones and textures on his guitar tracks that blend together very nicely with each other. This album shows how far Mayer has come since he came onto the scene as a pop artist in 2001.

Lyrically, this is also John's best album. He's writes on a variety of topics from love, to life, to society. The vocals are also very well done, blending very well with the tones he uses on his guitar tracks. Lyrically, my favorite songs are Waiting On the World to Change, Belief, and Stop This Train. Being a young person in today's world, I can relate very much to what John has to say on Waiting on the World to Change. Perhaps my favorite lyric on the album comes from Belief: Belief is a beautiful armor, that makes for the heaviest sword, like punching underwater, you can never hit who you're trying for. I think that most people can relate to the lyrics in Stop This Train. Everyone at some point in their lives have wanted to Stop This Train' of life that we're on and slow things down. Lyrically, I think John presents an album in which many people can relate to in some way or another.

Overall, Continuum is one of my favorite albums from this era of music. Mr. Mayer shows us that there are still people out there who care about writing albums instead of writing singles. The songs pull together very nicely to create a mellow, bluesy sounding masterpiece from one of today's best all-around musicians. If I had to rank my favorite tracks, I would do so in the following manner: 01. Vultures 02. Belief 03. I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You) 04. Slow Dancing In a Burning Room 05. Waiting On the World to Change 06. Gravity 07. Stop This Train 08. Dreaming With A Broken Heart 09. Bold As Love 10. The Heart Of Life 11. In Repair 12. I'm Gonna Find Another You

Dempsey68
    the heart of life HAS to be one of the most wonderfully written songs... ever.
    Mainer
    Awesome album, Slow Dancing In A Burning Room, and Waiting on the World to Change are my favorite songs.