Heavier Things review by John Mayer

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
John Mayer: Heavier Things

The sound in this album is a bit more band oriented than the first one, which was more guitar oriented. He uses more effects and electric guitars, so the album has a stronger feel to it. But it also has a great fres sound and very original composing. Very Well done, excellent.

His lyrics are as meaningful as ever, and the lyrics in this album show that he has matured a great deal in the past couple of years. He is no longer lost, and he now knows what he's doing and should continue to do. His first album had much fear and confusion, many hopes and dreams. In this one, many of his hopes and dreams have been realized and he seeks something more now...

This album is at the top of my list among every artist out there. Some impressive songs are "Bigger Than My Body, Clarity, Split Screen Sadness, and Daughters" I love his new songs and everything about his songs except I would have liked a little more acoustic-ness. Also, it left me wanting more tracks as it only contains 10. If it was stolen I might buy it again. And it is surely worth buying, great music. I HIGHLY recommed buying this CD as son as you can it's a great buy. Plus it comes with 3 streaming online video extras, that are awesome!