Heavier Things review by John Mayer

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
John Mayer: Heavier Things

If anyone wanted to hear the same album over (i.e. a remix of Room For Squares"), don't buy this album. All musicians evolve over time and writing a second album 1/2 as good as the first is phenomenal nowadays. This is a hipper, more techno beat than the more acoustic 1st album, however it does show more of the talents of Mayer. I love John, (admittedly has had the best live performance I have ever witnessed) and he owns the music. It feels personal and not just the same song over and over. He is a true muscian and his guitar whether acoustic or electric rocks. So I urge anyone who is into change to enjoy this album.

Mayer is a very unorthodox singer but I think he can really sing. His lyrics are really fresh and original and most of all, from his heart. That's very important in a good musician. I love the faces he makes when he sings. His lyrics blend very well with his funky jam style guitars.

It's a beautiful album with great emotion and thought put into every note and every word. I'd like to remind everyone that John wrote the lyrics and music. He really is an amazingly talented musician, but he doesn't get the respect deserves cause his first album was a little on the pop side. Please also listen to "Try" and you will agree with me that he is one of the greatest guitarists and musicians today. Oh and I'd like to add that he is the only artist I know of that sounds better live than on the album. (Again listen to "Try". It's crazy, the only indication that the album is live are the screaming fans. His vocals and the music is just so flawless.) If I lost this, I would definately buy it again. And also, if you like Third Eye Blind, Brian Clopton, and Dave Matthews I really think you should Jofn Mayer out.

windexman
    wow...that last guy that left a review must have never heard john mayer play, everything he said was wrong. minus the sex part. this is one of my favorite cd's of all time.
    CashewsofKORN
    whoever says that he is a stupid hippie is a f**ckin retard he is one of the best guitarist of this generation
    skinnbones3440
    yea to the stupid hippie guy again. it's been a few years and john mayer is more popular than ever. the guy is a legend practically.
    oskilavs
    i think he's said that in every artist and every forum he's been to.. maybe he's the stupid hippie....
    WhereArtEsteban
    Well its been 4 years...the "stupid hippie" guy has been wrong so far, because "continum" kicks ass...
    AlexHiltunen1
    unregistered is retarded hahahaha six years since that review and mayer is still going strong....winning grammys and dating hot babes lol
    Travmann777
    unregistered bastard!!! Go back to a time when there wasn't internet so you couldn't voice your opinions without showing your identity!!!
    funkydude678
    Actually John Mayer is an extremely talented artist. I enjoy all different styles of music ranging from Avenged Sevenfold to Lady Gaga to Between The Buried and Me and out of all of them John Mayer is my favorite. He is honest with his music,and we writes extremely well using all different aspects of music. Also it is 2011 and he is STILL being nominated for grammies... Just saying...