Room for Squares review by John Mayer

• Released: Sep 18, 2001
John Mayer: Room for Squares

The sound of this album is very soothing and pure. I love the acoustic guitar that creates such beautiful music. When you have the acoustic guitar accompanied with john's snging, it's really something. His voice is very refreshing to listen to not everyone would like his voice, but like some people, I do. If you ever saw him sing live-or just one of his live videos, you would notice how it's like he slobboring over the microphone, but that's his style, and it works.

I'd say the lyrics are mainly for the benefit of the chicks. If you're a guy, listening to the album probably would make you feel uncomfortable or perverted... Maybe? I like his lyrics. They're not too deep or personal, but they're songs that girls would love especially coming from John. He doesn't have the best voice-as in Christina Aguilera singing, but I don't really think that if you could hit the hardest notes makes you a awesome singer. I think it's your style of singing that matters the most John has style that doesn't really sound like other people.

The songs are mostly acoustic - perfect for listening to at night in bed. If you like the soothing, natural, pure,raw sound - you'd like John Mayer. I love everything about this album - it's catchy enough and all. If it were stolen or lost, I'd probably buy it again.