Try! review by John Mayer

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
John Mayer: Try!

This album is a blues trip. I love John's style of guitar playing. I find it original and unique and when he took it to the blues level he simply blew me away. For the original songs he made for the album, it has the same uniqueness that we know but he solo skills have improved so much. The solo for his cover of Hendrix's Wait 'Till Tomorow, is so agreesive and emotional. I give the sound a 10 caus eit blew me away.

Well this album was mainly more guitar work, very few of the songs have interesting lyrics. Who did you think I was? And Another Kind Of Green has some decent lyrics, but overall, it's blues so don't expect much.

If you are feeling for bluesy styling in John Mayer work go for it. But for you people who really prefered his pop side skip it, you might get tunred off. Most of the songs off the album are great. Good Love Is On The Way was good at first but it gets annoying after awhile. The same's goes for Gravity. I love how mcuh john has progressed guitar wise and I hope to see more when continuum comes out. If this album was stolen I would definately by it back but I doubt it since my society prefers party music.