Try! review by John Mayer

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
John Mayer: Try!

Mayers live tone on this album is the best I've heard in a long time along with the band as a whole they sound great. John's style is awesome and grabs my attention with everything he does. His solo's are getting much better also, I'm definitely looking forward toward his new album next spring. He's come out of his poppy shell and the real guitarist has shown through, and I like it!

Lyrics are decent Another kind of green is a really good song as well as somethings missing, other then that, the lyrics aren't outstanding but it's blues so who cares. John's a great singer especially for blues, the kid can sing.

Great album, if you're a guitarist and like great music, you'll love this album. Another kind of green, Something's Missing and Try! are the songs that stand out to me the most. There's a lot of blues that doesnt appeal to me because its the same sound over and over, not the case here, you tend not to notice you're listening to a specific style, but just great music, John loves Stevie Ray Vaughen and he has similar tone and style but he's morphed it into his own unique style. This cd wouldnt be stolen from me.