Try! review by John Mayer

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
John Mayer: Try!

The sound was spectacular. Most of yall out there are used to catchy tunes, and repeated verse's and chorus', we'll you are in for a big suprise on this new album. He has teamed up with fine musicians, Pino Palladino on bass, and Steve Jordan on drums. John play's all the guitar on this live album, and some of you will wonder how it is possible. He may write sappy love songs, but his true roots are the blues. He will play rhythm, and fly into an amazing solo that will blow your mind. "Try" it out. You will be inpressed.

I will have to say that the lyrics aren't as deep as they have been on his past albums, but they do not have to be, the music makes up for that. He plays to cover on this CD. One being, "Wait Till Tomorrow" by Jimi Hendrix, and another being, "I Got A Woman" by Ray Charles.

This is a great album. It is by far not a waste of money. After I bought the album and listened to it all the way through, It thought to myself, this is what today's music has been missing.

sotto
    Great CD, first time I got I listened to it on repeat then I just had to find tabs and play the songs, I haven't been inspired like that for a long time.