Rock Discipline [DVD] Review

artist: John Petrucci date: 10/15/2007 category: compact discs
John Petrucci: Rock Discipline [DVD]
Release Date: December 1, 2002
This has the bang for the buck, two hours of instruction, plus the extras. The explanations are clear, and the booklet is very detailed, there are no typographical errors or anything like that.
 Content: 8
 Production Quality: 9
 8.9
 8.7
 7,924
review (1) 24 comments vote for this album:
Rock Discipline [DVD] Reviewed by: 9_11_4, on october 15, 2007

Sound: Rock Discipline was first released on VHS back in 1995, in 2002 it has been updated to DVD format. The DVD contains the same lesson footage as the video, but features some extras like a backstage tour. Rock discipline goes for about 2 hours and it is not; as I expected an 'I play, now you play' type of DVD. John shows a variety of different excercises which encourage correct practice and self improvement. Rock Discipline will probably appeal most to players into rock, metal or shred music, however the warm up section should appeal to played on any genre. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this DVD, the lessons and advice given aren't stale and it has a friendly feel to it. It is unfortunate that some of the sections didn't go into more details. I liked the inclusion of the tab book; it makes it easy to follow along with the lessons. I think this DVD is definately worth a look at, even if it is just for the warm ups. // 10

Comments