Lie To Me review by Jonny Lang

• Released: Jan 28, 1997
Jonny Lang: Lie To Me

Every song on this album is outstanding. Great contemporary blues. And one really important thing Jonny Lang does is he actually makes his music really diverse which is a real jem when so many blues artists just stick to the 12 bar thing, which after the first 5, 10, or 37 songs can get old. This album is chalk full of great guitar solos. He is able to get the point of the song accross just by playing his guitar, as in I can actually relate to what he is feeling by his mad lickz especially on 'Darker Side.' Not many guitarists can do that and I give him much respect for that.

This album has some great lyrics ranging from social commentaries to stories of wanderers and childhood love. How well the lyrics match perfectly with the music absolutely dumbfounds me. Some of the greatest lyrics falling in with music of all time. He is a pretty good singer too, with a destinct voice.

I would say that Jonny Lang is definatly my favorite blues artists, and one of if not my all time favorite blues guitarists. His new album has nothing on this. For a long time I thought this might just be because I was exposed to by my parents, who listened to this album and "Wander This World" all throughout my childhood. So the centimental feelings that I knew so well from when I was once a young lad might have swayed my thinking. But now that I understand music better and consume more of it I am begining to realize that this is just a classic album. And to think that he made this when he was my age. I dare you to find an album like this.

Adyson88
    why is there so little of him on UG? he is incredible! This album is a classic!
    Irtemed
    why is there so little of him on UG? he is incredible! This album is a classic!
    Yeah he's so amazing. I got a music player when I was 8 and I loved him.