Our Shadows Will Remain review by Joseph Arthur

• Released: Sep 28, 2004
Joseph Arthur: Our Shadows Will Remain

It's a shame that Mr. Arthur is a virtual unknown here because he's been given the title "next big thing" over in the US, but this is actually his forth album album so he's had that title for a while no the sound slips between melancholy to uplifting between songs. It's an excellent that deserves to be big and it is over in the US. The album came out early July 2005 but has been around for about 10 months in the US and recieved rave reviews and he may of just become the "big thing" it's an adult alternative so the first artist that comes to that his style came from is Jeff Buckley and one or two songs sound like his album Grace.

His voice seems very folky but it does change through the album and shows the difference in a folky "Echo Park" to an uplifting "Even Tho" and Then becomes a complete alternative of that of Beck in "I Am" but even though his voice changes so does the sound. I went to see him in concert a bit ago and he backs up the excellent singing skill on the album. It was worth seeing as he was up on stage for over two hours and he wanted to do more but those at the Carling Academy said he had to stop.

My favourite song on this album is definately "I am," it's a beautiful alternative song the a Beck or The Eels would do. This album was the only one I listened to for a while and I think everybody should have a listen to or buy if you enjoy adult alternative. I think it's brilliant and I hope I've convinced even one person give a chance.