Live In Houston 1981: The Escape Tour review by Journey

• Released: May 16, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 2.3 Junky
Journey: Live In Houston 1981: The Escape Tour

I've always loved journey. The smooth soft piano, the melodic vocals of steve perry, the harmonic guitar. So I decided that they would probably sound better live. I went out and purchased Journey's cd of them playing live for thier new album "Escape". The tour took place in Houston in November 1981. The sound was clear and just amazing. I would say the main style was a mix between classic and arena rock. The sound was echoing and just smooth. Anything you would want in an concert, it's there!

Since I've listened to the songs so much, (it's hard not to) I already knew the lyrics. However, thinking from the standpoint of someone first listening to those songs, I think they'd understand them clearly and perfectly. The lyrics were smooth and blended with the song. Steve Perry, the singer, is just great at singing and he never ceases to amaze me.

I really cannot compare the greatness of this to another album. Maybe the fact it sounded better live could compare to how Led Zeppelin sounded better live in "The Song Remains the Same". I love how perfect my three favourite songs on the album sounded: Don't Stop Believin', Stone In Love, Wheel In The Sky. I hated how some of the songs that should have been there were replaced by solos of Neil Schon and Johnathon Cain. However, those solos were great and didn't fail to impress me. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitley buy it again. No question about it. Yes I would. I hope that the children of today can experience new styles of music and perhaps one day enjoy it. I reccomend this CD to anyone looking for a new style of music. I hope you the reader will someday buy it and enjoy the sheer brilliance of this performance too!

jpg70
    I LOVE JOURNEY WITH STEVE PERRY . I WISH THEY WOULD GET ON THERE KNEES AND BEG STEVE PERRY TO COME BACK . THEY'RE MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE BAND . AS FAR AS THE LIVE ESCAPE TOUR , IT WAS GREAT . I ONLY WITH JOURNEY WOULD HAVE HAD A CAPTURED(LIVE) TWO WITH JONATHAN CAIN WHILE STEVE PERRY AND STEVE SMITH WAS STILL APART OF THE BAND !!!
    sum1udunno
    u gave this a total rating of 2.3
    sum1udunno
    uh u gave this a 2.3
    BlackPhoenix07
    I would have to give this a 20 out of 10. I wish I was alive to see Steve Perry tour with Journey. It sucks being born in 1990 lol.
    aenimafist
    There is no evidence what so ever in your review that this album deserves a 2.3 out of 10.