Revelation review by Journey

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Journey: Revelation

This is Journey's first album with new lead singer Arnel Pineda. The band now has it's closest sounding singer to "the voice," former lead singer Steve Perry. I believe it's the best sounding album since Perry departure, don't mind the pund to the album of the same name. The album has the typical Journey sound, which some many like or dislike. I enjoy how they were able to take their sound and make it sound richer, especially on the re-recording of their greatest hits.

With Steve Perry out of the band, most of the songwriting is now left to Jonathan Cain and Neal Schon. The two of them have done decent job writing the songs. The lyrics are going to be typical of the band's sound, I.e. a ballads. Lyrics about love while a piano is playing is something to expect a few times. Pineda's vocals are amazing! For a newcomer to Journey, they almost couldn't tell the difference between him and Perry. They are back to their old ways with a tenor vocalist.

Overall, the album is a good buy for the any Journey fans new and old alike. While some may be might not like it because it isn't Perry, it's still Journey. I find myself enjoying "Never Walk Away" and "After All These Years" the most of the new songs. Of the hits, "Faithfully" sounds amazing with Jonathan Cain's new piano. I love the fact that the band continues on without Steve Perry, but I didn't like that there wasn't much new material with a faster tempo. I would buy this again if lost or stolen, even though I doubt that will ever happen.

Flying Couch
    An alright album, but "Change for the Better" and "Never Walk Away" were the only real standouts of the new material.
    Dirtideed
    2 for 1 deal.You get the new album plus remake of the classics. They finally found a singer that can do justice on those Journey classics. I like Perry but I do want Journey to move on with or without him.
    Deathw1sh
    Only one correction: this was not thier first album with him the album arrival was
    katman243
    I like the Re-recordings way better than the album it self, Arnel Pineda sounds better than Steve Perry ever did IMHO