Angel Of Retribution review by Judas Priest

• Released: Feb 28, 2005
Judas Priest: Angel Of Retribution

This is Priest at their best. The sound is amazing, the songs will be classics I guarantee. The beauty of 'Angel' echoes out of the speakers with Rob Halford's voice almost being hypnotizing. 'Worth Fighting For' is another soon-to-be classic which simply blows you away. And as for 'Deal With The Devil', it speaks for itself. But if you haven't heard it (which you bloody well should) then it is like a middle finger to the world. the guitar work is amazing and as the first track tells you in its name, judas really is rising.

The lyrics are strong competition for their classics like Electric Eye and Livin' After Midnight, and worthy competition at that. The lyrics are as hypnotizing as halford's voice and has the same impact. I can't pick a song that stands out lyric wise, because they all stand out amongst some of their previous work. The lyrics from the very beginning of the album will grip you, tear your flesh from your bones and spit you back out at the end. They are truly amazing compared to the whiney lyrics of most other bands.

If you couldn't tell by thoughts already, this album is amazing. Don't expect easy listening, but if you buy a priest album you wouldn't anyway. This album is definately as strong as their classics like 'British Steel' and 'Painkiller'. And this will definately inspire bands. As another priest song states, some heads are gonna roll.

morelloman19
    izzysnakes, i agree with on that if you are comparing Angel to older albums, it is not near as good. I am pretty sure Priest said that they are going to try to do something a little different with every album now that they have established themselves for 30 years (ha) and have the right to do that. One thing I don't agree with is how you said the lyrics aren't as deep as the used to be. I think that they are much deeper than they used to be. The songs about their reunion, but making them into a Priest-like formation is pretty deep to me. They have no songs reminiscing the old Priest days in which they wrote about just having a fun time, rocking and rolling.