Angel Of Retribution review by Judas Priest

• Released: Feb 28, 2005
Judas Priest: Angel Of Retribution

After the failures of Juggualtor and Demolition, the band convinced former singer Rob Halford to join up with the band again. This album is one of the best sounds Priest has made since Painkiller and Sad Wings of Destiny. From the heavy, distorted Lochness (one of my favourites from the album) to the powerful, hypnotizing power ballad Angel that remindes me sorta of Beyond tthe Realms of Death. They have other sounds too like the aggresive Deal with the Devil, the metal classic single Revolution, the heavy grinding Demonizer, and the solemn Eulogy.

The lyrics from this album are amazingly well done as well. Rob Halford once again proves he's the metal god and strikes high notes like in the early days of Priest.Rob Halford once again proves how much of a vocal god he is. He sings well enough that you wonder if age is having any effect on him. From his low powerful vocals on Hellrider, to his soft yet moving vocals to on Angel, all the way to the other end of the spectrum with his high pitched screamy work on Demonizer.

The most impressive songs on this album in my opinion are Angel, Lochness and Hellrider, which show off some classic Priest sound. There is a few flaws with the album though. After Demoltion (their last album) they tried moving away from their sound which was a bad idea. So in this album, they kept their classic formula. This is good, but it would have benn nice to see some different songs on this album like in the early days, but the songs they made with their old formula certainly are amazing. This album is definatly a must buy for Priests, and may even convert a few people as well.

Zephyr Zylöz
    Great album, one of the best in my opinion, the scream of the demon... Man I love that song...mmm, sweet, sweet priesty