Defenders Of The Faith review by Judas Priest

• Released: Jan 4, 1984
Judas Priest: Defenders Of The Faith

Judas Priest is one of the best heavy metal bands from the '70s and '80s and this album is no different. I can recognise this album from it's speed and melody. Judas Priest is known for pioneering the speed metal genre and this album shows it. The most impressive songs on this album are Freewheel Burning, Rock Hard Ride Free, The Sentinel, Eat Me Alive, Some Heads are Gonna Roll, and Night Comes Down (really slow song really melodic, but really nice to listen to). The only downside to this album is that it has poor sound quality to the very core of it, but then again it was made in the late seventies. The guitar parts are not too complicated but sound really cool. K. K. and Glenn shine brightly on this album.

The lyrics are suprisingly good as far as Judas Priest is concerned. They trace everything from Rockin' hard and messin' up the system (Rock Hard Ride Free), to a showdown between two foes in mortal combat (The Sentinel), to plain ol' riding motorcycles (Freewheel Burning). Rob Halford is one of the best singers in Tru Metal ever, but his range of notes is limited in this album I find.

This album made me a Priest fan. So far I have this album, Hell Bent for Leather, and Painkiller (masterpiece). This album is one of my favourite albums. The most imressive songs are Freewheel Burning, Rock Hard Ride Free, The Sentinel, Eat Me Alive, Some Heads are Gonna Roll, and Night Comes Down. I like the fact that it has a really old-school sound like that of Screaming For Vengeance. If it were stolen id be pretty pissed and I buy it again. If it were lost I'd find it.

JackWhite1988
    This album carried the momentum of Screaming for Vengeance until it got cut short by Turbo and Ram it Down. Painkiller was a good enough apology for me though.