Demolition review by Judas Priest

• Released: Jul 31, 2001
Judas Priest: Demolition

This album has a simply awesome sound. Not only does it have a heavy darker side, it also has an equally impressive acoustic side. I find it extremely hard to namea weak track on it, in complete honesty I would say that cyberface is a slightly weaker track, but don't get me wrong this is a very consistent album. The production quality is crisp and clean bringing through the almighty sounds of this superb album.

The lyrics are very good, surprising you may think for a heavy metal album. Most of the songs have a really good message coming through, via the lyrics. They are about sticking up for yourself, fighting against what you know is wrong. Despite the fact this album was recorded with their new singer (Ripper Owens, now departed due to the return of Rob Halford) the singing is very powerful and thoughtful.

This is definitely one of the best Priest's albums along with Britsh Steel and Screaming For Vengeance. It just has such a great feel and sound to it. I was stunned when I first heard, though many people at twelve would have thought differently. I wait in great anticipation for their new album Angel Of Retribution and also very much to seeing them live in March.

judas927
    Aw man this album is just so awsome i cant get enough Machine Man,One on One and Cyberface are like the best songs on here but thats hole album is just so great. Ripper Owens did a good job in the Priest.
    FallOutCorey
    I don't understand why this album never garnered more attention then it did. Granted it was a slight departure of sorts but a welcomed one in my opinion.
    guitar7masta
    I think they should have kept Ripper Owens, this is the best album I have ever heard in my life. The best song on the CD is definately Subterfuge, it has a nice, dark, heavy sound to it. Ripper Owens was the best thing to happen to Judas Priest.