Electric Eye [DVD] Review

artist: Judas Priest date: 12/15/2006 category: compact discs
Judas Priest: Electric Eye [DVD]
Release Date: December 9, 2003
The "Electric Eye" DVD is an essential collector's item for any Judas Priest fan. This DVD is loaded with great material: 13 music videos, the 19 track Priest...Live! video, 6 rare BBC performances, and a complete discography that plays a full song from each album.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 10
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Electric Eye [DVD] Reviewed by: shredder_666, on december 15, 2006

Sound: The sound on this DVD is not really as great as it is on the album. All in all though, it is very good and easy to understand. The musical styles used in this record vary as it is compiled of over thirty years of the bands work. The interesting thing about this DVD is that you get to see how the musical styles evolved over time as the band worked from a classical rock sounding band into the kings of heavy metal. The sound on the videos isnt really outstanding. It is rather faded. The live sounds on the album are actually very good though, and in my opinion, were the best parts of the DVD. // 9

Overall Impression: My overall impression is that this is probably the best music DVD I have ever purchased. I personally surprised to have not seen a review posted on it up here. What I really like about it is the BBC sessions because they are some of the earliest ever performances of the band and it is very interesting to watch and see how they grew. I honestly don't think that there is anything that I dislike about it. It is honestly that great. I would buy this DVD again and again. My DVD collection is not complete without it. // 10