Hell Bent For Leather review by Judas Priest

• Released: Feb 28, 1979
Judas Priest: Hell Bent For Leather

"Hell Bent for Leather" is an older Priest album, it's one of the heavier albums this is one of Judas Priest's more famous albums. The sound is amazing. With songs like "Hell Bent for Leather", "The Green Manalishi", and "Delivering the Goods" this album is awesome. The sound is definitely 5 stars in my book.

The lyrics in this album are awesome. Rob Halford can write awesome lyrics... they may not be deep feelings like most people are looking for but his lyrics are very very catchy. Rob has the best vocal range of a person I have heard in my 12 years of life.

I wouldn't compare this band to any other band. They are a genre of there own. The most impressive are "Hell Bent for Leather", "Rock Forever", "Burnin Up", "Killing Machine" and "Before The Dawn". I love everything about this album and hate nothing. If it were lost/stolen I'd go out and buy 2 copies of it (just in case). It is definitely worth buying.

JackWhite1988
    Priest were just starting to get their sound down with this album. British Steel gave them mainstream attention, Point of Entry sustained that and Screaming for Vengeance knocked the door down. This is a good hard rock album.
    icecreamninja
    TwistedLogic
    DO not agree; point of entry was a disaster with crap like Don't go and hot rockin. Sreaming for vengeance saved them and re affirmed their style that was being forged on Hell Bent. Opinion; that all it is. British Steel was very good and more accessible as reviewer mentioned. Could have given full song list and pinion on the tunes.
    Powerageman
    icecreamninja wrote: Not as much "Metal" on this album, it tends to lean more to hard rock. Great Album though.
    Really?? The Guitar solo on Hell bent for leather just frickin' screams metal!!