Metal Works 73-93 review by Judas Priest

• Released: May 18, 1993
Judas Priest: Metal Works 73-93

This bands sound really sticks out in the mix of 80's metal. It is very versatile, being a collection of hits gathered from two decades metal mastery. The guitarists seem to be using pinch harmonics in a handful of the songs including Painkiller, Electric Eye, Bloodstone and a few others. But since this album is a collection of songs it is hard to decide on one general sound. But the impression that Metal Works made was one that helped people see the bands diversity, and showed that Judas Priest is more then just screaming and solos. My personal favorite song on this set sound wise is Electric Eye.

The lyrics of this album were very astounding to me, and what intruiged me most was the stories that you could find inside each individual song. They were very epic and bold. The Singer goes over the edge to make the message of each song clear. Topics in the album range from robots to evil beings and hatred to epic stories of survival. I found these lyrics very fun to ponder. Favorite song lyrically is Ram it Down.

The overall impression of the album was very good in a sense that you got to see all sides of Judas Priest, the good, the bad, and the extremely amazing. It is hard to compare to other albums because Judas Priest is a unique genre, it is, in my eyes, a hardcore version of classic rock. The most impressive song. My all time favorite on the album is Blood Red Skies, just the amazing way that this epic unfolds itself is too good to be true. What I could do with less of is that a lot of the beats seem kind of repetive, but other the that great album constructed by a great band.

jwax
    TiptonPhantom wrote: They're not good... they're the best
    +666..mwhahha.
    havocrus
    Rock a Rolla baby! Rob and Dio were the best of that era. Glen and KK set the bar, and Les Binks was missed in the 80's. I didn't know this cd was out and will get it. "Hail to the Priest of Zion".....
    the seventh son
    havocrus wrote: Rock a Rolla baby! Rob and Dio were the best of that era.
    Don't forget Mr Dickinson....
    TheAmenCorner89
    ledzeppelin7900 wrote: words cannot express the amazingness of judas priest
    +100000 Priest Rule, end of.
    havocrus
    the seventh son wrote: havocrus wrote: Rock a Rolla baby! Rob and Dio were the best of that era. Don't forget Mr Dickinson....
    Yes you're right, Bruce is up there also.
    Jonbagga
    i saw them a couple of days ago!!! a good solid 2 hours of constant headbangin and guitar solo's
    MXFNCK
    first time I heard them was when my uncle gave me this one when I was 9 or 10 years old. Theyre the best
    livewire76
    If you havn't been "baptised" by Priest yet then this is a good altar to start praying at. Packed with the hits, it will probably leave you buying more JP albums. No, actually it WILL make you buy more of the back catalogue. On a side note i wasstunned to see there wasn't a review of the "Screaming For Vengance" album so i wrote one today. Hope you check it out and, more importantly, buy the album!
    livewire76
    And now suddenly i find TWO reviews listed on another page!! WTF! Nice.... feel like a total idiot..