Metal Works 73-93 review by Judas Priest

• Released: May 18, 1993
Judas Priest: Metal Works 73-93

The sound is wonderufl. Especially for fans of classic heavy metal and the new wave of British heavy metal(NWBHM). It deffinitely has the the classic Judas Priest/Iron Maiden sound. Untill not that long ago I never listened to Judas Priest and thought of them as a 80s rock/glam metal band. Untill I was suggested them while looking at Iron Maiden. I was astonished at the similarities to the music I love, except with a much heavier vibe. The sound here is straight up fist pumping, head banging, air shredding, heavy metal, and it won't dissapoint.

What can I say, it's Rob Halford. He is the "God of Metal" You can't expect anything less then brilliance coming from him and he really delivers. Robs lyrics comply perfectly with the rest the music very well. When it's up beat and in your face, so is Rob, when he is seranading you into tears KK's riffs are wailing. Very good lyrics for any old school metalheads who wanna give the world a big middle finger.

This being a compilation has all little bit of there best from all albums so if you don't already have alot of Priest CDs and you want some more songs, this is the headbanging compilation you've needed. With songs like Painkiller, Ram it Down and, The Hellien/Electric Eye, you have the best from everything. There is nothing about this CD to hate unless just don't like metal. This is a CD that I'd keep a backup copy of on any MP3. Very impressive and a solid investment.