Nostradamus review by Judas Priest

• Released: Jun 17, 2008
Judas Priest: Nostradamus

In my experience lately when these great old bands like Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Metallica and bands alike (in greatness) there's been a slight disappointment because the bands doesn't sound like them anymore. But Nostradamus really sounds like Judas Priest. The riffs are heavy and the two guitar sound is exactly what you want to hear! The solos are awesome it is obvious that Tipton and Downing have been playing guitar for a while and they know what they're doing. The harmony interludes are really cool and everything between slow and melodic to really fast and tight! Apart from that there's a lot of violins in the songs and that makes a massive sound. And once I got used to it it was really cool! The album is a story in two acts in short it is about a man who lived in France in the 16th century. He studied to become a doctor but after he was thrown out of the university due to being involved in manual trade, he started making prophecys and predictions. Later he gets hired by the French court to make horoscopes. The album is basically his life's story in metal.

The lyrics are good especially when you've read the story of Nostradamus and they really mean something that has to do with the tale of the album which is cool! Rob Halford is really awesome on this record he still has the metal voice that he always had even though his age. I'm not a vocalist but I can recognize something good when I hear it and this is great. This album continues to prove what a great singer Rob is.

The album is only parted in two acts, the two discs. So that when you listen you'll just hear the songs going into each other and the impression of the album being an ongoing story and not just a bunch of songs put together. The songs really work together that way and there are even themes that come back in different songs and I love that! It's hard to say which song is the best or the worst of the tracks because the are all more as one long song which is cool. This also makes it hard to listen to only one track at the time so it's really an album to put on when you have a couple of hours when you just want to enjoy music and then listen to the whole story as one. If the album was stolen I'd find the bastard who did it and kick his ass and take it back. Since money is everything I don't have I probably wouldn't buy a new one, I have all the songs imported in iTunes but if I didn't have that I'd definatly buy a new one.