Point Of Entry review by Judas Priest

• Released: Feb 26, 1981
Judas Priest: Point Of Entry

"Point of Entry" was a point of experimentation for Judas Priest. As the album that followed "British Steel", it wasn't expected to be as much of a success as it predecessor. Nevertheless, select songs from this record are signature Priest classics. The best way to describe the sound of this album is that it lies perfectly in between "British Steel" and "Screaming For Vengeance", the two most influential overall Judas Priest releases. This was the point when Judas Priest were starting to progress past their progressive blues influenced roots. This marked the beginning of HEAVY heavy metal.

The lyrics on this album, to put it very bluntly, were not my favorite. As far as this record goes, the lyrics were a little bit of a weak point. They fit with the music pretty well, but they didn't seem to meet the strong message usually portrayed in the better Priest albums. The vocal performance is still very good (its Rob Halford so obviously...), and some of the lyrics are catchy and alright. All in all though, the lyrics didn't stand out very far on this record.

Well, I wouldn't say at all that this is a bad album, but its just not one of the Priest albums that caught me that well. Some of the songs, such as "Hot Rocking", "Heading out to the Highway", and "Desert Plains" are good and are still played live by Priest today. The entire album though, isn't that great. If you consider yourself to be a die hard Judas Priest fan, it still might be worth your dollar. I have it, along with every other Judas Priest release there is, but I don't listen to it a lot.

AllJudasPriest
    pinkfloyder1000
    I actually really enjoy this album, it's not up to their 70's stuff standards or Defenders of the Faith, but its better than Turbo, Ram it Down and even Painkiller I'd say.
    livewire76
    AllJudasPriest wrote: Nice review, though I find Troubleshooter, On The Run, Solar Angels and Turning Circles all to be very good and extremely underrated songs.
    Totally second you on that. Troubleshooter, Turning Circles, Desert Plains, On The Run, Solar Angels and not least Heading Out The Highway.. I mean, really, THIS is a bad album? Whatever. The shadow that Priest cast on music even today is dark and wide. Praise science for Judas Priest. Hehe