Screaming for Vengeance review by Judas Priest

• Released: Jul 1, 1982
Judas Priest: Screaming for Vengeance

Judas Priest are probably one of the best metal bands on earth. This album proves that. Screaming For Vengeance is a solid effort from the metal gods Judas Priest. The album has all out heavy metal songs like Electric Eye, You've Got Another Thing Coming and of course the title track. It also has some soft songs like Fever or Take These Chains. The guitar tones are heavy/distorted, not as "extreme" as the sound on the Painkiller album. The druming on Riding on the Wind is top notch. There are some sweet solos from K. K. and Glenn. You won't be dissapointed.

Rob Halford once again blows my mind. His voice on Screaming For Vengeance is awesome. He can go from a low, deep style of singing to a high pitched scream. The lyrics overall are pretty good. At first I thought the lyrics to Take These Chains or Pain and Pleasure were kinda sappy but you get used to it, and it's not like there that corny. The rest of the songs are perfect. I think the best lyrics are on the title track. The vocals are also astonishing on said song. I think Halford is the best metal singer out there, he's better than Bruce Dickinson or Axl Rose in my opinion.

This one of the bands most popular albums because of songs like You've Got Another Thing Coming or Electric Eye. If you are just discovering Judas Priest I think other albums you might want to get are British Steel and/or Painkiller. I realize that those are the most commercial albums but they are also the bets in my opinion. I can't even name the best songs on this album because they are all so good. If I had to pick some songs that you might want to download (if you are a cheapskate) then they would be Electric Eye, Riding on the Wind, Screaming for Vengeance and You've Got Another Thing Comin'. But wait there's more! The CD of this album is a reissue which contains bonus track! The first one is called Prisoner of Your Eyes, it is a slow ballad and there is also Devil's Child Live. Devil's Child Live sounds a bit different than the original but they could have chosen a better live song to use here. If Screaming for Vengeance was lost or stolen I might get around to buying it or I would buy another Judas Priest CD since I have all the songs on mp3 player and on my computer. Just go out and buy this album! Don't be left behind!