Screaming for Vengeance review by Judas Priest

• Released: Jul 1, 1982
Judas Priest: Screaming for Vengeance

Priest is at the top of their game on this album. They managed to make a heavy metal album that not only has rocking priest riffs and incredible musicianship, but it is also quite commercical aounding as well. Every song is written by Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, and KK Downing as a group. It makes for some similarities to be drawn between some songs, but they all manage to be different enough to not feel repetitive. Like all the Priest albums I own, the sound is great, KK and Glenn play incredibly well, but they are like exact clones when it comes to their style. Thats not nessicarily bad, but for me, a huge Maiden fan as well, I think Iron Maiden has better guitarists in that respect, that they have different styles. The rhytmn section is nothing special, but then again, neither is AC/DC's either.

Being a guitar player, I don't pay that much attension to the lyrics. But they are very well written, and fun to sing along with.Rob Halford has an incredible voice for rock, my personal favorite rock singer as well. His ballad voice makes the hairs on your back stand straight and his screams, well, no one touches him in that respect. He has an incredible vocal range, better than most I'd say. And he couldn't of sung any better on this album.

This is the Priest album I herald as one of the best heavy metal records ever. If your into Sabbath, Metallica, etc, then you need this album. It's one of my favorite albums because I can actually listen to the whole thing in one sitting. The title track is amazing, and "You've Got Another Thing Coming" is very catchy. If this album was stolen, I'd hunt them down, and take it back. Then I'd go out and buy a copy for each of my friends. I would of bought this album for any price. It's that good.

Riff Licker
    The first Judas Album I bought, and the best possible way to start me off with them, legendary Album from a legendary Band!!!