Screaming For Vengeance review by Judas Priest

• Released: Jul 17, 1982
Judas Priest: Screaming For Vengeance

This is it! Arguably the most influential Priest release in existence (its between this and "British Steel"). Judas Priest's 1982 heavy metal testament screams with a powerful musical fury that has knocked audiences flat for almost thirty years. Opening with an instrumental track that mainly focuses on guitars, this album delivers a sound that gives off the vibe of electric rawness. This album also has very good flow from track to track. The drums are recorded raw and loud and drive the music heavily into your head. This is one classic metal performance that will continue to be enjoyed for many years to come.

The lyrics in this album have some serious style, and cover many subjects throughout the album. The vocal performance is absolutely amazing, and that goes without saying. Many of these lyrics have depth that coincides with the music very well and provides quite a musical atmosphere. This album has a very good balance of music and lyrics. This was about the time when Priest were experimenting and changing with their music, becoming heavier and more classical influenced, expanding past their progressive blues origins. Rob Halford never fails to deliver an epic performance, and every one of these songs will blow you away, guaranteed.

This album goes back with me quite a long time. I received this for the first time on cassette as a birthday present for my 5th birthday. I grew up listening to this album. I have an original copy of the CD, I also have the remastered edition, and a vinyl copy. This album is a huge influence and a huge part of my musical taste. As well as on me, this album has had a huge influence in the world of metal. It is an iconic favorite of fans worldwide. Containing such classics as "You've Got Another Thing Coming", "Electric Eye", "Riding On The Wind", and "Screaming For Vengeance", this album is essential. It is that simple. If you don't have it, get it.