Sin After Sin review by Judas Priest

• Released: Apr 23, 1977
Judas Priest: Sin After Sin

This sound is very hard and aggresive combined with the '70s sound of music. The tracks have very various sounds. For example, the opening track "Sinner" has a very aggressive and hard beat sound to it. "Last Rose Of Summer" is another track on the record that almost sounds like a smooth Jazz song. Very easygoing and relaxing. Some of the sound on this album was very prolonged and didn't really make it one of the greatest releases by the band. What is good about it though is the bonus studio track "Race With The Devil". It is one of the earliest recorded songs by the band. I heard that it was actually recorded in the late '60s. It was very interesting to listen to and makes a great addition to this record.

The lyrics are very intricate. There are some easily understood lyrics and there are some that aren't so easily understood. The lyrics go very well with the songs. In fact, the compliance of the lyrics with the songs is probably the pinnacle performance of this record. Rob Halford uses his aggressive high pitched screaming for the aggressive songs very well. He also does a great performance on the slow tracks. He is one of the most talented singers in existence and did a great job on this record.

My overall impression of this record is that it isn't exactly one of the greatest released albums by the band. Some of it is very prolonged and not very energetic. But there are some very good songs on here. "Sinner" is one of the best released songs by Judas Priest. I think that this record was perfect for it's time of release and was recorded and written very well. I would buy this album if I lost it because it is still Judas priest.

BoNScoTTRuleZ
    this is a tough album to rate because there are some song i cant stand and dont really sound like priest songs (last rose of summer, here comes the tears, diamonds a rust), but then the title track truly is one of the greatest priest songs of all time and dissident aggresor and let us pray are amazing as well