The Essential Judas Priest Review

artist: Judas Priest date: 06/07/2006 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Judas Priest: The Essential Judas Priest
Release Date: Apr 11, 2006
Label: Columbia/Legacy
Genres: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, British Metal, New Wave Of British Heavy Metal
Each and every one of the 34 tracks is indispensable, chronicling the group's rise from Queen-worshipping debutantes to revolutionary metal gods.
 9.9
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
The Essential Judas Priest Reviewed by: obey_yourmaster, on june 07, 2006

Sound: Metal. Not the new kind of metal (screaming instead of singing, seven string guitars, ect) but the classic metal, where the lead singer actually sang. This 2-discs set puts all Priest's greatest songs together. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have any Priest CDs. However, if you own the majority of Priest's CDs/albums then don't bother buying this (there's no new material on the CDs). Overall, the sound was great. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are simple to understand, and sung instead of screamed. It takes talent to sing, any hobo on the street can scream like a madman. The lyrics (as I said) are just what they say. For example: "Breaking The Law" is about breaking the law. The singing changes pitches drastically in some songs, creating different moods. The singing is great. // 10

Overall Impression: Priest has always been a metal icon, and this 2-disc collection of Judas Priest's greatest hits over the past few decades proves it. "Breaking The Law", "You Got Another Thing Comin'", and "Hell Bent For Leather" are just a few of the great songs provided on this CD set. All the songs on these CDs are classics, and there's not much to complain about. If I ever lost this CD I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I didn't like Priest much before I bought this CD set, now they're one of my favorite bands. // 10

More Judas Priest reviews rating latest review