Cross review by Justice

• Released: Jun 18, 2007
Justice: Cross

Where to start. The debute album from the French house band Justice. I will tell you now, this is the most crushing dance music you'll ever listen too. Think of Justice as the Slayer of techno, except without the gore, in fact without any real lyrics at all. It's electronica at its most brutal. A lot of it is influenced by Daft Punk, with a heavy, machine edge. It's dirty and it's electronically devastating to listen too. It sounds like your headphones will explode at any second, and all the while you will bobbing to it. The band also takes a lot of inspiration from Michael Jackson, and aptly dedicate a song too, "D.A.N.C.E." When this starts off prepare to be blown away from the destruction.

Well there are none, there are a few voice dubs and samples which lighten the mood but that hardly are "lyrics." They do fit and are used very well so I guess that counts. I think though that the music makes up for the lack of good lyrics. People buy this album not expecting groundbreaking poetry, so it's all good. It works for the intended buyer.

This is an album that you put on in your car and play at top volume with your friends. This is an album that you put on during parties, and it is an album that will annihilate all preconceived thoughts about what techno is and could be. The opening track, "Genesis" is worth the admission price alone, with hard hitting beauties like, "Waters of Nazareth" and two part epic "Phantom." This is probably one of the most solid techno albums since Daft Punk's "Discovery," and is what Daft Punk's "Human After All" wished it could be. The beautiful thing about this album is, that it will probably never getting boring, it's just so fun and brutal, that it keeps everyone pumped for a good time, or a ready for a fist fight. I recommend this album for all techno enthusiasts, all general music lovers and people who love an amazing time. If this album were stolen I'd hunt the bastard that stole it and congratulate him on having excellent taste.

electric7
    rock? it's more electronic. ive only gotten thru the first four songs (havent had time to really sit down and listen to it). it's not bad.
    frankv
    It cured me right of my I-only-like-band-music elitism. It's absolulety great.
    ishivu
    Awesome album. This pushed Daft Punk right of my top-list. The opening track Genesis raped my mind when that roaring/scratching bass came in after that brass-intro, which sounds like it came straight out of some old Jesus-VHS. Everyone should buy this. Awesome experience.
    shredderdelight
    Bought this today.....amazing. At first i had my doubts but it's gown on me Definitely a requirement if you like Daft Punk,Prodigy etc.
    Im a Rattlehead
    I havnt heard the album yet but hope to! I just saw them live there on saturday night at Oxegen in Ireland! They killed man! 18 marshall stack amps with bass pumpin through the barrier!
    SiKthtallica669
    Sirba
    A really good album. Love the dirty sound that make the music sound hard. I also strongly reccomend peaople to listen to the live album "Across the universe".
    hagstrom_9
    SiKthtallica669 wrote: It's really quite good. Genesis and Phantom Pt. 2 are my favorites. Maybe I'll recommend a few tracks for prom next year.
    couldn't agree with you more!