Employment review by Kaiser Chiefs

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Kaiser Chiefs: Employment

The sound is amazing, I went to see these guys play live in their home town (and mine) of Leeds. They were amazing and the lead singer, Ricky I beleive he is called, was brilliant and he didn't stop running and jumping around the stage, this is quite amazing in a small room with 350 people, but not only that he was wearing two shirts and a jacket! The band have great energy without a doubt. Funnily enough the bands name originates from the football team, Kaiser Chiefs of whom Lucas Radeabe (the former Leed's captain and legend) used to play for.

The lyrics are very local as lines such as "watching the people get leary, not very pretty I tell thee," and "would never have happened to smeaton-an old leodensian," both of which are from I predict a Riot which is obviously a song about any Northern town at night. So very true.

The lead singer has an amazing range as he can whisper a love song as well as being able to blast it out. Many other artists are not able to do this and are confined to a certain style of music, not the Chiefs. Also, the band are also good with whitey on guitar, Simon Rix on bass, Peanut (I have no idea what his real name is) on piano/keyboard, Nick Hogson on drums and Ricky Wilson on lead vocals.