Employment review by Kaiser Chiefs

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Kaiser Chiefs: Employment

Kaiser Chiefs have put the insanity back into music. The revival of britpop hit Earth in a meteorite of madness and eccentricity and the debris formed a CD masterpiece. The contrast of slow and long songs also tell us that the Chiefs will not be a steroetypical "Let's make every song rock" band. In fact, I think that this is an album that peaks closer to the end: "Caroline, Yes" and "Time Honoured Tradition" are some of the best songs that I've ever heard.

Like Maximo Park, the lyrics are witty and clever, mixed with the occaisinal high pitched scream and "la la la." Ricky Wilson's singing also complies with the type of music that the Kaiser Chiefs play, stick Alex Kapranos at the front of the Kaiser Chiefs and the whole aura of britpop will vanish in seconds. Speaking of which, Ricky Wilson is also a very, very good singer.

While it's not perfect, the overall rhythm keeps going throughout the album. As mentioned before, the album peaks near to the end, probably after "Oh My God." The quirkyness of the band can eaisly rub off on you, with you, for no particular reason, dancing insanely during the whole album (not that it happened to me). This album also lets you down gently, with final song "Team Mate," being nice and slow. So ends on of the great albums of 2005.