Employment review by Kaiser Chiefs

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Kaiser Chiefs: Employment

'Employment' was Kaiser Chiefs' first album, and what an album it was. In 2006, Kaiser Chiefs won three Brit Awards, one of them was the best album. It was a brilliant decision to nominate 'Employment' for the best albums. This album includes 'Everyday I Love You Less And Less', 'I Predict A Riot', 'Modern Way', 'Na Na Na Na Naa' and 'Oh My God'. The opening track is 'Everyday I Love You Less And Less', and it was a brilliant decision to choose that song as the opening track. The highlight of this album is undoubtedly 'I Predict A Riot', it contained a sensational guitar riff and was previously Kaiser Chiefs' greatest hit. The more bassy 'Modern Way' was another one of Kaiser Chiefs' extraordinary material. Kaiser Chiefs' debut hit 'Oh My God' contains a brilliant solo. Other great songs on this album that didn't get released are named 'Saturday Night' and 'Caroline, Yes' (well, actually song on this album are great). If you're thinking that Kaiser Chiefs' had done a cover of 'Saturday Night', which was that disco hit that every rocker hates, you're wrong. In fact, the intro to 'Saturday Night' sounds the same as Motorhead's 'Motorhead' intro. 'Caroline, Yes' may not sound a great song because of it's title, it is actually a fantastic song. Overall, if you buy this album, you're in for a treat. It is the greatest 2000's album by far.

The lyrics are just as good as the music. The lyrics were pure genius, and that's why this album was made the most successful album in the 2000's. The singing skills were great as well, but the singer got hit by a car not long ago and Kaiser Chiefs' fans feared that he may never sing again. But he is fine now, so get ready for the future.

As well as Hard-Fi's 'Stars Of CCTV', 'Employment' was one of the greatest albums in the 2000's. The most impressive songs on this album are the released songs and 'Caroline, Yes'. What I love about this album was that it was an album that you could never get bored off and the songs were pure genius. If this album got stolen/lost, I would certainly buy it again. To end this review, 'Employment' is definitely a must-buy for any alternative British rocker. And another thing, Kaiser Chiefs are British, you should be proud.