Employment review by Kaiser Chiefs

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Kaiser Chiefs: Employment

The Kaiser Chief's album 'Employment' has a unique sound, they've produced this amazing debut album. They produce fairly easy riffs, chorus's and songs. That's one of the downers about Kaiser Chiefs. All the guitar's a bit too simple and most beginners wouldn't struggle looking up the tabs and playing them. They really need to show what they've got to the limit. They've got an electric guitar, bass, drums and vocals. It's also good with the keyboard and backing vocals so it adds that extra bit so Kaiser's sound overall it spectacular. The chorus's stay in your head on you'd find yourself singing a few of the tracks if you listened to them. There is some pure rock chorus's in some of these songs: for example: 'I Predict A Riot' which tops the best song on the entire album. Towards the end of the album the songs start to lack thought and arn't as good as the first few at the beginning this seems to happen with quite a few bands. If they'd just mix the songs up a bit then it won't be as noticable. Their songs don't sound the same, all creative. There's no solos:( but they make up for that a smidge.

In cool songs like 'I Predict A Riot' the singer says 'eeerrrhhhhh' over and over again for the build up to the chorus. It's in a few of the other songs aswell, it adds effect. There's all little things that you can go 'wow', all little techniques that you can't help commenting on them and you wouldn't missing out the shouting chorus's when your playing the CD. But I usually find mayself skipping songs. All that shouting sometimes is a bit frustrating and you have to be in the right mood for those songs. There are slow songs that you wouldn't mind listening too anytime. You can just imagine all the crowds cheering and jumping around being crazy for the Kaiser Chiefs. They sure do rock on stage I've heard, a good entertaining band. The vocalist does his part well and very good at rocking the people live. They won three brit awards for this in 2006 but in 07 they didn't release their album in time for them to get a brit award. Now if they'd done that then that would make their second album even more trash! He looks the part when it comes to performing.

Their's the DVD of this album which is cool where you can get all that gossip. They definately needed a second album to show off what they had. So now (around two years later) their comeback album 'Yours Truly, Angry Mob' is here and they've kept that style they're know for now but not quite as good as you'd expect, the review's are lower than expected but still they've got a few kick-ass tracks on there, their best being obviously: 'Ruby' which is a nice sweet song which also has a amazing video to go with it. I see no one has submitted a review for it yet, is must be trash. Anyway, the most impressive songs are: 'Everyday I Love You Less and Less', 'I Predict A Riot', 'Modern Way' and finally 'Oh My God' which is again another one with a stunning sing-along chorus. The cover of this is diffrent. I love their new single 'ruby'! and the brilliant chorus's everyone likes. I don't like that their second album isn't as good and the guy shouting too much. They need more variety in the guitar playing/riffs. If this were lost I'd buy it again, but I'm not too sure to be honest.

False_God
    CRAZYBITCHhelya wrote: This is an awesome cd. Three Days Grace rocks!! They are my heros. I think this album is just as good as the last one. Just as good, not better. Definetly up there though.
    ok..... Anyway simply a great album which cemented their fame!! and their new album is just as good!!
    kaptink
    USCENDONE BENE wrote: over-rated band, all their songs sound the same
    I wouldn't go that far but they do have a very "signature" sound to their songs.
    beeboshain
    USCENDONE BENE wrote: over-rated band, all their songs sound the same
    would have to agree maybe its cause of my dislike for the singer saying that most music out these days is crap, not the words but something along them lines, just dont think he can really say that at this stage, its not like their the best or the highest selling artist out there, but then again music and egos are two diffrent things
    nobles_cranium
    KenBOH
    "In 2006, Kaiser Chiefs won three Brit Awards, one of them was the best album." no they didnt. coldplay won best album with X&Y, get your facts right.
    Daniel Pearce
    nobles_cranium wrote: they're alright just make too many pointless lalala nanana ahhhhh wahhhhh garghhhhh stuid noises throughout
    That's something that's really annoying, put's me off them a bit.
    woodlandsclose
    its shyt
    flashfunk
    this is a joke of a band, they really are terrible, an absolute joke to the word music, really really bad band, really bad
    flashfunk
    [quote]False_God wrote: CRAZYBITCHhelya wrote: this was there last one, jeez