Yours Truly Angry Mob review by Kaiser Chiefs

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Kaiser Chiefs: Yours Truly Angry Mob

The Kaiser Chiefs have matured with their sound, heavier but also catchier than the debut album 'Employment'. The guitar riffs are still reminiscent of 'I Predict A Riot' with those driving power chords, but there's also songs such 'Boxing Champ' Which are a lot softer, that one being entirely on the piano. They say the second album is always the hardest and the Kaiser's have created an Album that has a fresh and different sound but also keeps fans of 'Employment' happy with a sound they are still guaranteed to be fond of.

Ricky Wilson is a great singer, he reminds me of Blur's Damon Albarn both in lyrical style and vocal skills. The Kaiser Chiefs would not be able to continue without Ricky, there is no one who can possibly replace him. The Lyrics are nothing too special, youve got lyrics like 'Love's not a competetition but I'm winning' but then there's very repetitive and often uninteresting lyrics, whcih if anything might be considered the Kaiser Chief's downfall in some of their songs but they're still pretty good.

This easily matches up to their debut album, which was a big hit so there's no doubt this will be very big aswell. This is probably going to be better than most other albums released in early 2007 but maybe not the best of the whole year. 'Ruby', 'Heat Dies Down' and 'Everything Is Average Nowadays' are the pick of the bunch in my opinion, Ruby obviously hit #1 in the UK. it's a great album for anyone who likes rousing indie/rock and although the sound is fresh it will definately not dissapoint Kaiser fans. If it was lost or stolen then I wouldn't buy it again(because I've just uploaded all the tracks onto Windows Media Player) but if not for WMA then yes I would buy this album again!

soupdragon
    I've had this album since it came out and it is so much better than employment. 10/10
    Draken
    Great Album, a little less cheery and poppy than the first but a good fun listen none the less.