Yours Truly Angry Mob review by Kaiser Chiefs

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
Kaiser Chiefs: Yours Truly Angry Mob

The Kaiser Chiefs return with the second album and though their sound has changed somewhat, it is still basically the same old stuff. It is still filled with the same kind of repeated lines that are desgned to get in your head but this time it mixes in with a few good and top quality tracks. This album is probably a little more keyboard heavy than the last one, but on the whole it is guitars as the main instrument, with some catchy riffs and nice solos. It is clear Andrew White isn't the most talented guitarist in the world but he is very good at what he does.

The lyrics are something that let the Kaiser Chiefs down somewhat, though Ricky's voice is superb he can sometimes come up with the some very poor lyrics. My least favourite has to be 'It starts with the one, and then the two then three', clearly very little imagination. The music overall doesn't focus on the lyrics, more on the music being played.

It is certainly one of the better indie albums of 2007 so far and has some really good tracks on it, showing that they have progressed since their first album, employment. Ruby is a good song from the album, a very catchy song but they get much better than that. I can Do It Without You is certainly one of the best songs on the album and cancels out bad songs like My Kind Of Guy. There seems to be a few fillers on the album which is something I don't like about it but overall it is a decent album that should by no means go down as a classic but is good for a listen every now and then.