Yours Truly Angry Mob review by Kaiser Chiefs

• Released: Feb 5, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Kaiser Chiefs: Yours Truly Angry Mob

The sound really is nothing special it sounds like what it is, a good indie album. But it is not going to change the face of music forever or even temporarily. The guitar riffs are simple yet effective and the piano part adds a depth to the songs. In most cases I would critisise a band for adding a synthesiser to their songs but the kaiser cheifs have used theirs to great effect, they have managed to avoid what many great bands have fallen at and have restrained from pressing the big red button labeled overdo and they deserve credit for this.

5 words: Na Na Na Na Na, not the worlds most inspiring song title to go with not the worlds most inspiring song but the Na Na song aside this is an impressive album for lyrics. This album certainly has unusual subject matters, it stays away from the unofficial rules of songwriting that state you must write about girls and nights out and instead discusses subjects such as retirement and the monotony of modern life therefore making it a welcome break from the massproduced nonsense which seems to be dominating the charts currently.

Like the Arcitic Monkeys if they played softer, like the hoosiers if they took themselves seriously and like the fratellis if they were younger. This is the closest that I can get to a comparison, a poor attempt but I am sure you will be able to sympathise with me as the kaiser chiefs really are like no other band in the music buissness today and with the buissness so saturated they should be awarded a prize for this. This album is a great display of talent and I would recomend that everyone buys it.