Swamplord review by Kalmah

• Released: Aug 21, 2001
Kalmah: Swamplord

This is an excellent melodic metal band with a very heavy and fast sound. Similar to Dark Tranquility and Children Of Bodom. This is their first CD under the name Kalmah. The sound isn't that great because some of the solos are a bit hard to hear, especially the first one, but everything else is top notch.

The singer is amazing but very hard to understand. You just have to like the genre of music. The lyrics are okay, better than most bands, but nothing too special. The singing as a whole is not mainly what the band is about.

This CD is probably one of the best I've ever heard. Way above Bodom's standards. The most impressive songs are Alteration and Hades. I love every bit of this album from the drums to the guitar. Every song is great. The only thing it could need is maybe some restoration or something to boost the solos. I'd definately buy this CD in a heartbeat if it was stolen

Swamplord
    I own Kalmah's first two CD's. I had them ordered because like meta1militia said, hades and alteration amongst all others are awesome awesome songs.
    Swamplord
    I like Bodom and Kalmah, but like you said Kalmah have a whole different sound to them. Since they tend to use the higher strings for most of their chorus riffs, each riff is original. I think its awesome that they can have heavy music whilst using those high strings.