Karma review by Kamelot

• Released: Jul 10, 2001
Kamelot: Karma

I need to just come out and say this right off the bat, this band is great. From the name of the band, I thought I would be listening to songs with lyrics like "King Arthur, praise his name!" and "Slay the dragon, dark and deep, then the Ladies' soul is yours to keep!" Nope. These guys go above and beyond what any other band would do, they sound great and don't sing about D&D stuff. Thomas Youngblood, in my opinion, is the next Hendrix. The 2nd song "Forever", shows this clearly. Although none of the tabs for "Forever" are correct here, try tabbing it, and then try to play it. It'll take "Forever"! Oliver, Casy and Glen are at the top of thier game as always. The sound just can't be beat!

Just listen to Khan! I don't care what he sings, it all sounds good. But that doesn't help, does it. The vocals are beautiful, but I have to mainly talk about two songs, one a remake of the other with a twist. The origional song is called "Don't You Cry", which is about someone passing away, and them trying to make thier love not to concern themselves with the others passing, but to remember the good times and to know that the other is always watching out for them. This song is a wonderful ballad that really goes into your soul. The remake, in my opinion, is much better. It's in French. Yes, the language of grace transforms this song into a flowing river, shall we say, of emotions. If you can't translate the song, it still is awe inspiring. This is a band that can really throw out beautiful, flowing lyrics, or epic lyrics, based on the song.

This album, although not thier best, is still a great album and a great buy. It's sooooo hard to choose the best song, but I have to say "Forever" is just so epic-ly wonderful it can barely be surpassed by any song they have done. I only have one complaint, which is that Khan's voice hasn't yet completed its "transformation" yet. Let me explain. If you love Kamelot, and have all of thier CD's (with Khan only, not Vanderbilt), you should noticed that his voice has gotten better throughout the years. If you don't buy this CD, you're not a true rock fan.

marianoarnaiz
    The song you talk about is about thomas youngblood father. Oliver wasnt in the band at this point, and yes it is an amazing album and yougblood is an awsome guitar player no douht about it
    Step Hen
    Ummm... I believe that Oliver was in this wonderful group at that point, because in the CD "The Expedition", which cronologicaly comes before Karma, Oliver is introduced (it's a live CD). But thanks telling me about Dont You Cry/Ne Pleure Pas.
    pkweon
    fall from grace is a f***ing awesome track... forever is also a great song
    braskyman1
    maximumrocker
    braskyman1 wrote: I disagree with the reviewer (and not just due to the occasional grammar mistakes). I believe this IS their best album especially as far as sound is concerned. However, I know not how one can possibly praise this album without mentioning Across the Highlands. It is my favorite song of all time. In fact, the only reason I like Kamelot is that I heard Across the Highlands while on Pandora, and I immediately regarded it as transcendent. My second favorite song is Wings of Despair. It was brilliantly written. The same goes to Karma and Forever. What made this album somehow better was that it was released on my birthday. Well done, Kamelot. By the way, when is Kamelot ever going to be in rock band or guitar hero?
    I dont think so, there not 'big' enough to make it on to those games. On the album: this album is great, one of my favorite bands ever since i started listening to them.
    braskyman1
    Understood. Kamelot is really not a very big band (although they played with Metallica for one show). In response to that, whoever decided that the Muse is so much bigger or better? There are other bands that are at least a downloadable or extra song on guitar hero or rock band and so I think the producers of such games need to learn about them, then they may be considered.