Maharot review by Kamikazee

Kamikazee: Maharot

Hard rocking, throat breaking (high notes, not growls, though some songs have great shouts like "Seksi! Seksi!"), eardrum bashing music is what you would experience upon putting that Kamikazee disc into your player! These amazingly talented guys have really improved leaps from their debut effort (which I frankly do not like) and they seem to be seeking for more in this sophomore album. Jay Contreras' appeal to the audience (not with his looks) with his amazing and energetic stage antics really appeared in the album even if you are just listening (and not watching them perform). Amazing guitar riffs with heavy distortion and great tune made me listen to the whole album in just one sitting; that's how catchy and melodic the sound that they created seemed to me. Their launching single "Chiksilog" showed their creativity in creating a conceptualized song. "Narda" was the big hit; simplicity at it's finest you may say. All in all, they've got really one of the best sounds you could hear from OPM bands today, check out "Director's Cut" and you'll agree with me.

Creative. Well Thought Of. Great Concepts. Music blends well with the words in each song. Who would have thought that a bunch of guys with tattoos all in 90% of their skin, add that they look like crooks or goons in a movie. Each line of their songs rhyme. The imagery is well done. All-in-All, their creativity give them a 10/10 for the lyrics.

This is one album overlooked by many people simply because of the image that they've have from their first album as Hard core rockers and durugistas. I love the way they write the tracks in this album. Tracks like "Director's Cut", "A.I.D.S." and of course, the song immortalized in the minds of the whole country people (they even told me that it is set to become the new Philippine National Anthem ) "Narda," great for Kamikazee and for "Maharot."

-madhater-
    waaaah! actually i lost this album somewhere in our little house... huhuhu... i can't find it anywhere...
    KingSquall802
    this album doesnt deserve a 10 all. dont tell me that this album is better than any great bands like guns and roses for example. in filipino local music, this must be a good album. but internationally,, never been.
    KingSquall802
    jordankeno23 youre moron. how did this get 10 in the sound while they are just ripping off other bands guitar work, and the solo to seksi seksi is the worst solo i ever heard!
    +my_only_one+
    go to hell, kingsquall802... why are you here anyway? if you dont like kamikazee then get the hell outta here... stop bashing on people... we're not bashing on any of the stuff that you like... stupid...