Empire review by Kasabian

• Released: Sep 19, 2006
Kasabian: Empire

This is a major development in Kasabains sound from their hit debut album of the same name. They provide a more full and melodic sound on this record. The same swagger is there from the first album but it is now less noticable. One of the best songs on the album is British Legion, an acoustic song that transforms into an enormous wall of sound halfway through. Another great song is the current hit single Empire, a stomping riff that takes you by the balls and drags you through the rest of the album.

I haven't had the album long enough to determine the lyical quality, but in saying that I have no complaints after as many as 20 or 30 listens in the past 4 days. They represent a growth as songwriters and also a wider choice of subject now that Kasabain are a band that have seen and toured the world. The singing is more of the same from Tom, but in my opinion Serge the guitarist and songwriter is an excellent suprise on this record. He sings on my personal favourite British Legion and gives the album yet more diversity.

If I were you I would buy this record as soon as possible. Everyone has said that Muse have made the record of 2006. I would disagree. This is a major step forward for Kasabain and in doing so they have created a brilliant second album. Roll on number three!

METSOAD
    Kasabian OWN!!!!! but they aren't as good as Muse or Radiohead at writing "Indie Prog".
    seifer_alamasy
    Kasabian can talk all they want, this album backs it all up every bit and more. It's the soundtrack to a year, not just a summer or winter. The diversity is amazing, and it stomps all over Muse.