Travelogue Review

artist: Kashmir date: 06/20/2006 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Kashmir: Travelogue
Release Date: 1994
Genres: Rock
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Travelogue Reviewed by: aetherspear, on june 20, 2006

Sound: Kashmir is probably my favorite band ever, I still can't believe they haven't hit it big in the US. Travelogue is the first CD from Danish band Kashmir. Travelogue unveils a sound similar to '90s music. Often twangy clean guitar and '90s distortion, as well as thumping bass and snare-happy drums. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are usually narratives, with words used like he was having a normal conversation. Songs like "The Story Of Jamie Fame Flame" and "Don't Look Back It's..." explain themselves. "Vicious Passion" is another good example of conversation like lyrics as he sings about biting a dog. // 7

Overall Impression: It's pretty save to say that you can tell kashmir found their sound throughout their albums. For me, the album reaches it's peak at the jazzy solo in "Jamie Fame Flame", which is the first track on the album. I do like "Christian's Dive" and "Vicious Passion" as well. Travelogue is inferior to every album after it, but I still listen to it endlessly. // 6

Comments