The Black Sessions review by Katatonia

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
Katatonia: The Black Sessions

Katatonia isn't a very well known band in the USA, but I think they're awesome, and this CD is definitely the complete collection of their greatest hits. Every song on here is fucking awesome. The sound is nothing but creepy, depressing, heavy metal. Which is they way their kind of metal should be. Jonas, Anders, Fred, Mattias, and Daniel are the best at what they do, and that's write kick ass metal music.

The lyrics are one of my favorite things about Katatonia. Some of them are beautiful, some of them are depressing, some of them are hateful, but all of them are brilliant. The lyrics are also very poetic. It's like Jonas tells a story in every song.

This CD is definitely worth the money to buy it. Every song on this CD is different, but beautiful in it's own way. Some are heavy, some are slow, and some are both, but all of them are fucking awesome! For those of you who don't know Katatonia, trust me, they are definitely worth listening to. Some stand out songs are "For My Demons," "Ghost Of The Sun," "Cold Ways," "Depression," and "Teargas," but all of them are good.

mnelson
    I completely agree with this review... After listening to Katatonia for over a year, I stumbled on 'the Black Sessions'. I'm surprised on just how accurately the track list reflected my personal favorites over the span of those four albums! This collection is an amazing listen as solace on a dark night, or to just introduce someone to the band.